Monday, May 9, 2011

The long awaited... 1st Mother's Day!

Mother's day started as a very 'normal' day -- waking to a smiling baby!
She is so happy in the morning, with lots of laughter. Then breakfast, trying to find what she will eat that day. Morning nap time went pretty well, and when she woke, it would be time for our BFFs to come over... Cindy, Kayla and Shelby would be over after they were done with brunch and we played and laughed for 2 hours! By that time she was worn out, so it was a little tough to put her down. She didn't sleep long... Uncle Doug was already over and getting dinner ready with Gramma - BBQ steaks with potatoes and fresh asparagus!

Baby DQ and I set out for Gramma's on Friday so we could spend the weekend all together. I had not been feeling well since our time in China, so was hoping to have a little help with the little one throughout the weekend and get a bit more rest to finally catch up.

Saturday morning started out with me leaving after breakfast to get a much needed haircut! I had her cut quite a bit off, so less pulling on the strays. Afterwards, I called Gramma to make sure she was ok and she was already down for her morning nap, so I decided to go get a way overdue pedi!! So great!! I also treated myself to a Carmel Frap, and read a gossip magazine, so it was turning out to be a very good start to the weekend!

I did a few errands and stopped to see one of my BFFs but by evening, I was feeling so bad I just wanted to go directly to a dr. which I ended up doing and finally found that I had a sinus infection! Finally, I had the opportunity to get better!! The Dr. gave me antibiotics and a nose spray to finally get my energy back.

Now we're back in EDH to spend a few days catching up with things here and going to some 'Mommy and Me' sessions to help meet new people here.

We are having so much fun together, she's so incredible and I am so mad about her!!

Three Generations

Such a Happy Girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment