Wednesday, October 5, 2011
Nearing the 6 mo. milestone
We couldn't be happier and are loving our time together! It is amazing to think we've now been home for over 5 months, DQ will be 20 months old in a couple of days and we have just started the new 'routine' with her in Daycare and me going to work each weekday. So far so good, and although I miss her like crazy in the day, I know she's being well cared for and I am now starting to get re-integrated into my work life again.
My biggest hardship is our limited time in the morning especially... and evenings are pretty rushed too. I've been learning some good tips on how to save time here and there so we can play more, but I'm sure it will take a bit to get more apt at making sure we max our quality time together during the week and enjoy as much time as possible on the weekends too. Initially, I will keep our Tues and Thurs morning routines with taking her to the 'MyGym' which she loves and also our Thurs am, playgroup to help keep us connected with the community moms/kids we've met so far.
We've also started a Sat. morning playgroup to meet more working moms and are going to a "Play to Grow" series on Sat in Oct. to have additional playtime and community integration time at the EDH Library.
The last couple of weekends we even got to see Auntie's & Unc's Cheryl/Tim and Cindy/Matt for some fun times together before starting into our new routines. We celebrated the last of the good weather with a BBQ at the Welch Retreat and then Sunday Brunch for Cindy's birthday in nearby SAC. We love seeing our best friends and hope to have the time before the end of the year to get together again!
DQ's latest accomplishments:
- Talking, talking, talking... she loves to repeat all the last words in every sentence I say when we talk. Pillow and Elmo are her favorite words, but she's really making an effort to say so many others... and she really trying now to sing along with the songs she's heard many times. Including the alphabet. We're not there yet, but it feels like she'll just explode with it one day!
- Potty training is going great - I have not had to change a 'baaa-ba' diaper in over 3 months!
- Sleeping in her own bed - except for the past few nights, since something has awoken her and she's come to my room to sleep in the middle of the night, she's been sleeping the full night in her own bed. I do still need to go to sleep with her at night, however. She's going down easier and easier for Robyn (daycare mom) each day too.
- Eating more and more all the time and greater variety too. We continue to try new things and sometimes she decides she likes it and other times, only for that moment, but definitely making good progress!
Here, she's eating her 3rd blueberry muffin - not a surprise, she loves most any type of bread products. and this one was especially buttery!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment