Both my San Diego buddies and my work friends/colleagues went out of their way to give me showers. There was no way for me to get down to SD or have everyone come up here before I leave, so with we had a shower via Skype! It was really, so much fun to see all my pals and be able to chat through the computer while they all had the chance to get together and catch up with each other, then take turns chatting with me! So awesome to have such fun and fabulous friends!
Then I took my final trip (before Sabbatical) up to OR yesterday and during our regular Staff meeting time, the team brought in cake and cards/gifts and we ooogled over Danielle Quin's pictures and talked about my journey so far along with the upcoming trip and dates of events. My previous manager and a couple of other previous colleagues even took time out of their day and joined in the fun! Then we all went to lunch!
Yes, I am very lucky to know and work with amazing people. I look forward to getting back with my baby to show her off... Skype most likely to begin with, then will plan trips out to see everyone during my time off.
No comments:
Post a Comment