Very busy week to wrap up my final week of work before I leave for my second Sabbatical (2 mos. off), which is a benefit of my company I have been eligible for since January 2010. Of course, I was holding off to schedule this until I KNEW FOR SURE what dates I would need to head off to China. Once I got definite news of baby Danielle, I still had to wait to schedule the dates until we got travel approval. I've been coordinating my transition over the past couple of months, and now it's down the the last 5 days to make sure all the little things and all the details are fully documented in the transition plan.
I'm scheduled to go on a final 'biz trip' this week, but I'm hoping to reduce it to just a day trip to OR.
I'm very lucky to have the benefit of 'bonding leave' too, so I'll be out for approx 6 months total, so I can bond with my princess and also get all the daily schedule and details worked out for her care once I do go back to work.
Lots to consider, but I continue to feel that only once I have her home will I know exactly what to do and what will be best for her.
No comments:
Post a Comment