Friday, March 11, 2011

Good news about SWI

I'm doing lots of reading up on all the details about travel (packing, travel tips, questions, and more about the area) as well as others who are there or just returning from picking up their children from the Suichuan Welfare Institute. Great news came in today from a family that tells us all that the facility she's in is very neat and clean and more importantly the children seem very well taken care of. I will do whatever I can to make the same visit to this facility and get to see where little Danielle has been living for the first year of her life:


Everyone/By: jpburke3,



It should be of comfort to know that my wife and I were very impressed with the
facility and staff of the SWI. We found the conditions clean, well maintained
and the children well cared for and happy. It was obvious that the staff too
great pride in their facility and the nannies were very excited to see the
girls. My wife and I purchased a commercial washer and dryer for the facility so
the cloths hanging up to dry should be a thing of the past.

The night we spent in the town of Suichuan was also a very enlightening
experience. The locals were very nice and curious and excited to see and meet
us. Given the number of people waiting for us to come out of the hotel I
suspect that they do not see to many westerners. I found the trip a very
worthwhile experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment