After much debate, I decided to book my own hotel for the initial Hong Kong portion since we are going to arrive a couple of days prior to the 8th when the others are scheduled to get in...then we will meet up with the group separately. I really don't want to have to change hotels and the agency could not tell us yet, which hotels they are booking in HK, or the rest of the locations until Monday.
I got a travel book on HK to read up on a few of the areas. It looks like staying on Hong Kong Island, just across from the Wan Chai Ferry Port, next to the convention center is it! From all the reviews, it sounds like a wonderful hotel and location, so I'm very excited to stay there to be near many of the wonderful sights and sounds of the city. The only drawback could be the rennovations they are doing during that time, but so far it doesn't sound like it's affecting anyone's stay, so I'm willing to take that same chance... mainly because it's a Marriott Hotel and points will be helping to take the edge off the higher cost.
Got to love business travel to help build up points!!
I hope the weather is nice... it would be great to take in all the sights without an umbrella. April is supposed to be one of the best months to visit, so we may just luck out!
We leave for Nanchang on the 10th and that is when, finally, I will get to hold my precious Danielle Quin for the very first time.

No comments:
Post a Comment