So glad I've turned in my final paper and have now completed my Masters Degree in Information Management! It's super exciting that I have a breather to really focus my extra time on getting ready for the big days ahead... first the 'call', then the paperwork, then the consulate appt, then finally planning the actual travel.
I'm very lucky to have understanding management who is willing to be flexible as to when my time off will need to begin. Right now, I keep telling them I'm targeting for mid-end of April, and worst case, beginning of May... so we'll see how close that ends up being to the real dates!
If there's one thing I've learned is that my original plan for going with China, based on many factors, to include the fact that they had a very "predictable" process, went out the window a very long time ago. The only thing that's been predictable throughout, is that nothing is certain and I have to continue practicing/trying my patience. My heart strings have always pulled me to China, so luckily the one thing making it easier is that there's never been a doubt that is my path to little miss Butterfly.
It's been very interesting how my nightly dreams are being ruled by this topic throughout the past week. The uncertainty and the excitement both, are clashing during my REM sleep. I wake every morning to the reality that my true dream has not yet been realized, but at the same time I'm having some pretty fun and interesting moments with my dear Butterfly every night. It's a different situation, a different baby (last night it was two) and very bizarre circumstances, but so far nothing that has left me feeling frustrated.
I'm so looking forward to so many fun times ahead!
No comments:
Post a Comment